2019 Interiors Awards Rules
What to enter
Any interior design project that was occupied or first open for business no earlier than January 1, 2017. Older projects will be disqualified. Previous publication is acceptable.
Large Office (25,000 square feet and larger)
Small Office (up to 25,000 square feet)
Sustainable (Green) Design
The deadline for submissions has been extended. Entries and fees must be received online by Midnight Eastern, September 21. No hard copies will be accepted.
The entry will include:
· Minimum 6 and maximum 12 color photographs. Students can submit renderings. See the technical image criteria for more information.
· At least one floor plan for professional projects.
· A brief description of your project (no more than 300 words), including client objectives, design program, square footage, budget, and date of occupancy.
· Do not reveal your firm’s identity in this description. Students will indicate the name of their school.
Entry fees are $275 for the first project submitted, and $225 for each subsequent project. There is no limit to the number of submissions from a given firm. For students entering work—either current design school students or class of 2018 graduates—the fee is $75 per project.
A jury will be named in summer. The jury will be comprised of leading industry professionals who will review each entry and select one winner in each category. The jury reserves the right to make no award in a given category, to honor a project in a different category than the one entered, or to create a new category. The decision of the jury is final. The jury will not know firm names during the judging process. All projects are considered equally.
Projects are judged on:
· Interior design excellence by project type, as determined by the categories.
· Excellence of the submitted images and project description.
· Objective criteria including originality, quality, aesthetics, functionality, and user experience.
· Adherence to the competition rules, deadlines, and requirements.
If you win
You and your client will be honored at the 40th Annual Interiors Awards Breakfast in New York on January 25, 2019. Winners are expected to attend. Your project will also be published in the January 2019 issue of Contract magazine. There is no monetary award. Winners will be notified by October 31, 2018.
All winners will be required to provide professional-quality, high-resolution electronic project photographs, drawings, renderings, and floor plans for publication and use at the 40th Annual Interiors Awards Breakfast. The photography must be provided to Contract without fee. A completed project source list of products also will be required.